(VOV) -The American Business Insider Magazine has recognised Vietnam’s Son Doong cave system as one of the world’s 12 most impressive.
- Phong Nha cave listed among top world destinations
- Trial tours of world’s largest cave to be launched
- Cave Festival opens in Quang Binh
According to the magazine, Son Doong cave is actually the longest natural cave system thus far known. Underground rivers eroding limestone deposits formed the cave approximately 2 to 5 million years ago.
- Holding 30 art performances to mark Hanoi Liberation Day
- Phu Tho: Introducing Xoan singing to international experts
- Art performances celebrate Hanoi Liberation Day
- Vietnam congratulates 70th founding anniversary of DPRK’s Workers’ Party
- Vietnam's 'Xoan Singing' introduced to international cultural heritage experts
It stretches about five kilometers in length, and opens out as high as 200 metres and as wide as 150 meters.
The cave starts to welcome international visitors in 2014.
The magazine also honoured Thailand’s Phraya Nakon and Morakot caves, New Zealand’s Waitomo Glowworm cave, Mexico’s Crystal Caves, Italy’s Blue Grotto, Scotland’s Fingal cave, France’s Lascaux, Russia’s Orda cave, Austria’s Eisriesenwelt, and China’s Reed Flute.