Megacities with populations larger than entire countries are changing the physical and economic landscape of the globe. Megacities have economic engines that are powering the future of the world. Megacities have larger markets than many developed countries.The megacities are coming. They are the future. They are here now.Karachi, Pakistan’s, population of 14 million is augmented by an equal number of people in nearby satellite towns. The Karachi area has more people than Canada and an airport smaller than modest U.S. towns such as Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Indianapolis, Indiana, or Tallahassee, Florida.Landing in Karachi today is the economic equivalent of visiting a huge spaceship moments before blastoff. You can feel the engines rumbling, the ground shaking, and you only have a few seconds to either jump off or be rocketed into the stratosphere.What city has the fastest growing stock market in the world? Karachi.What English language high school consistently tops out the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores? Karachi Grammar School.What country has the fastest growing cell phone market? Pakistan.The statistics go on and on.Reading statistics is no substitute for seeing a place. So I stuffed my American preconceptions into a suitcase and headed out from Seattle.”These are the good times for Pakistan,”… Read full this story
- Opinion: Californians fell victim to nativist rhetoric 25 years ago. They can’t fool us again
- OPINION: Why Aren’t More Comedians Making Fun Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
- On Fox News, Republican Says Kanye West's 'Spiritual Awakening' Is What the Country and Black Community Need
- India has done well to go ahead with Kartarpur | Opinion
- The new generation has to experiment with the Mahatma, and his art of resistance
- Welcome Ukraine into the EU and restore faith in the project
- Ágota Kristóf's The Notebook awoke in me a cold and cruel passion
- Emma Watson? Jennifer Lawrence? These aren't the feminists you're looking for
- It was false controversy over INS Virat. Here are real questions we should be asking
- What the Maulana said in Islamabad: on anti-Imran protests
OPINION Karachi Awakens have 333 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at February 15, 2005. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.