New information technology outsourcing opportunities are largely going to India, thanks to India’s long-standing advantages. Despite negative press coverage that India has received for problems at a few outsourcing facilities, India is set to maintain its lead as the high-tech outsourcing destination of choice for U.S. clients.India has the advantage of quality, price competitiveness, infrastructure, economic diversity and a vibrant corps of Western expatriates embedded as managers in Indian information technology (IT) firms. India’s quality and price advantages are detailed herein.The drive for market share in the global IT outsourcing market has produced more CMM Level 5 software centers in India than anywhere else in the world. CMM is the highest level achievable under the Capability Maturity Model, a quality system standard developed by the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. Indian managers realized that economic benefits would be gained by quality improvements and have energetically pursued those benefits.The conception of quality is undergoing a sea change at Indian IT facilities. At non-Indian IT outsourcing facilities offshore, quality is often seen as part of a larger process, attended to and owned by the macro level of each organization. In those settings, as in government owned firms in India, the… Read full this story
- Opinion: India in Africa - doing what Germany should be doing
- Opinion: India's Youth - A blessing or a curse?
- Indo-German ties and India's independence
- Paramilitaries Hired to Protect India's IT Sector
- India's Modi in China to push for closer ties
- Opinion: Indian Premier Modi should not isolate Pakistan's Sharif
- Opinion: Europe, the UK's domestic issue
- Opinion: The end of justice delegated to The Hague
- India could help the West on Afghanistan and other global challenges, say experts
- European Union's relations to India growing in intensity
OPINION India Maintains Outsourcing Advantage have 287 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at May 3, 2005. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.