Following is the text of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s address from the Red Fort on Monday.My dear countrymen, brothers and sisters and dear children, today is once again a day of joy and happiness when we all gather to celebrate the anniversary of our Independence. Fifty eight years ago, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had unfurled this glorious tricolour for the first time from this historical place, thus fulfilling the centuries-old dream of crores of Indians to be independent from foreign rule. Next year, we will commence the celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the First Battle of Independence. Through the celebrations, we will have a chance to once again remember the glorious freedom fighters of that great battle who had laid the foundations for our independence. Hazrat Mahal of Lucknow was ‘Delhi Chalo’. This cry was renewed with vigour and force by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and in 1947 this ambition was fulfilled. Today is a day when we feel proud of and celebrate our victory in the struggle for independence. This is a day of joy and happiness for all Indians, irrespective of where they reside in any part of the world. It is also a day on which we… Read full this story
- Full Video and Transcript of Obama's Speech in Israel
- The rise of the reader: journalism in the age of the open web
- ‘Nehru did not keep secrets’: Madhavan K. Palat
- Australia's sixth PM in a decade. Why does it seem so ungovernable?
- Nehru did not keep secrets, says Prof Madhavan K. Palat
- Security Council meeting highlights UN Charter as tensions flare up in Mideast
- Why Do Christians Love Israel? What I Learned.
Text of Prime Minister's Independence day speech have 273 words, post on www.rediff.com at August 15, 2005. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.