Plymouth ArgyleOdds: 100/1Last Five Seasons2005/06 – 14 (Championship), 2004/05 – 17 (Championship), 2003/04 – 1 (League One, Promoted), 2002/03 – 8 (League One), 2001/02 – 1 (League Two, Promoted).2005/06 Cup ProgressFA Cup Third Round vs Wolves (a) – lost 1-0. Carling Cup Second Round vs Barnet (a) – lost 2-1.Top Goal Scorer 2005/06: Paul Wotton (midfield) – 9 goals.Players InSylvain Ebanks-Blake (Manchester United – £200,000), Barry Hayles (Millwall – Free).Players OutMickey Evans (Torquay United – Free).Plymouth Argyle have held their own in their two seasons in the Championship following their promotion from League One in the 2003/04 season. They improved on their first season by finishing in a comfortable fourteenth position at the end of last term.The club has appointed former Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway as their new manager after Tony Pulis left to manage his former club Stoke City. Holloway was suspended by Rangers in February after persistent rumours linking him with the then vacant manager’s position at Leicester City.Holloway has wasted little time in the transfer market replacing veteran striker Mickey Evans, who left Plymouth for the second time at the end of the season to join League Two outfit Torquay United. He signed Manchester United… Read full this story
- Super GT season preview: Can Button defend his crown?
- Championship fans pick their Teams of the Season
- Crisis-club Macclesfield hit with SEVEN-point deduction after calling off Plymouth clash in December
- League Two clubs vote to end season early amid coronavirus pandemic
- EFL will cancel seasons for Leagues One and Two in England due to coronavirus pandemic
- Peter Manley and Alan Warriner-Little discuss their World Darts Championship regrets
- Ex-NHL player who had COVID-19: Season shouldn't resume
- DaMarcus Beasley to retire at end of Houston Dynamo season
- Cy-Fair baseball coach Billy Hardin reflects on canceled season
- CoD Mobile Season 6 Roadmap Released As Future Seasons Will Be Previewed Sooner
Championship Season Preview 2006/07 - Plymouth Argyle have 286 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 22, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.