TOM GLAVINE’S health and his season are in jeopardy, a potentially crushing blow to the pitcher as well as to the Mets’ World Series ambitions, the Daily News has learned. Sources said the southpaw has experienced coldness in a finger on his pitching hand, and that the cause of the alarming condition isn’t yet known. The 287-game winner is scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow, while an angiogram is planned for Wednesday. Doctors are unsure whether the problem is related to a blood clot or possibly a “knot” in an artery near his left shoulder. Depending on the diagnosis, Glavine could miss little time or the rest of the season. The “knot” could require invasive surgery, while a clot might be able to be dissolved and limit the time lost. Reached last night, agent Gregg Clifton said he could confirm that “diagnostic tests” are planned for this week, but he declined to elaborate. Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz said he was unable to provide any details and would not even acknowledge a medical issue. A teammate aware of the situation was similarly tight-lipped when asked if he could speak about how Glavine is doing, saying: “I would get in a lot… Read full this story
- Inside Alex Trebek's Health Battles Throughout His 36 Years on Jeopardy!
- Coronavirus death risk could be higher for patients with high blood pressure, Chinese COVID-19 doctor claims
- Virus Will Grind College Football Season to Tragic Halt, Watchdog Says
- Tom Brady Cannot Stop
- Jets' Vinny Curry reveals he will miss 2021 season over rare blood disorder
- DE Vinny Curry to miss New York Jets' season due to complications stemming from rare blood disorder
- Tom Selleck on the Future of Blue Bloods: 'I Don't Think There Is an End Point'
- Jets’ Curry has rare blood disorder, hopes to play in 2022
- Tom Selleck Opens Up About Life on His Ranch and Choosing Family over Fame: 'My Relationships Keep Me Sane'
- Lucifer season 6: Is Lucifer's sister Rory a shapeshifter?
TOM MAY HAVE A BLOOD CLOT. Lefty's season is in jeopardy have 322 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 19, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.