Group Description _______________________________________________The current group of analysis is a mock stress management group. Each member acted out specific roles of individual situations that possibly exist within the local communities of Flint, Michigan. Each of these individuals had been asked to recall for one week between sessions, of a stressful event that impacted their life in a significant manner. The group had initially met one week prior for introductions and construction of group rules. The current video segment represented the second meeting with a time of approximately (30) minutes.During the video segment the group’s indicated stage of development could be characterized as the Forming Stage (Tuckman, 1963). This stage as Tuckman (1963) stated is characterized by the initial or early stages of the group, with introductions, orientations, and the testing of members through interaction. Klein (1972) also characterizes an accurate portrayal of our stress management groups stage of development, when he stated that early in the development of a group, “The underlying theme of the orientation phase is anxiety and the actions are a means of coping with it. Some people respond to anxiety by remaining passive, watching and waiting” (p 82). Corey & Corey (2002), indicate that some members may… Read full this story
- ANALYSIS-Coronavirus to drive European airline industry shakeout
- News Analysis: Greece faces double test this spring
- Erwin James: why are so many former soldiers in prison?
- Exclusive: A Psychiatrist's View On Mental Health And Suicidal Behaviour
- Corporate credit risk heightens as coronavirus impact spreads
- Coronavirus to drive European airline industry shakeout
- Killer, kleptocrat, genius, spy: the many myths of Vladimir Putin
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 7
- CES 2017: UK support to tech firms 'an embarrassment'
- Your Labor Day Syria Reader, Part 2: William Polk
Stress Management Group Analysis have 273 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 9, 2006. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.