All-City BaseballAll-City SoftballAll-City Track and Field BASEBALL PSAL COACH OF THE YEAR Frank Sommo, Lincoln Not much was expected of the Railsplitters after 8-8 finish in 2006, but Sommo led Lincoln to 13-3 record and share of Brooklyn A West title this spring. ‘Splitters then defeated Madison in second round of playoffs before falling to eventual finalist Monroe in quarters. PLAYER OF THE YEAR P John McNeil, Tottenville, Sr. Righthander brought right stuff when Pirates needed it most. After posting 4-0 record in regular season, senior struck out 11 in third-round win over Curtis, then shut out Clinton in Game 2 of semis after Pirates had lost Game 1 of best-of-three series. He followed that by holding Monroe to two runs in PSAL final, striking out 10. ALL-CITY TEAM P Anthony Velasquez, Bayside, Sr. Turned in 6-1 record with 1.30 ERA – including no-hitter over Newtown – proving that last season’s back-to-back perfect games weren’t a fluke. Added two saves to lead Commodores to division title. P/3B Nico Rivera, Lincoln, Sr. Led Lincoln revival from both sides, finishing 7-0 with 1.98 ERA and batting .436 with 20 RBI. C Jonathan Candelier, Clinton, Sr. Battled leg injuries most of the season,… Read full this story
- Come and Pull My Ears if BJP Does Not Make Delhi World-class City: Amit Shah at Poll Rally
- Hollywood of the south: Atlanta's film industry is building its own mini-city
- Best documentaries of 2019
- Jerez: what to see, plus the best music, hotels, restaurants and tapas bars
- Invasive or helpful? University using students’ phones to track if they are in class or not
- Manchester City held by Huddersfield on blank day for Sergio Agüero
- Mercedes eCitaro Is An Electric, Locally Emission-Free City Bus
- Archer Rishabh Yadav recognised as district’s best sportsperson
- Michelle Obama wins for best spoken word album at Grammy Awards for the audiobook of her memoir 'Becoming'
- Now that's a GRANDE entrance! Ariana leads bold and beautiful best dressed stars including Chrissy Teigen and Lizzo at Grammy Awards red carpet
Best in Class: All-City have 321 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 27, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.