The book that is the subject of this review is Gold: The Once and Future Money, written by Nathan Lewis and published in 2007. Lewis, “formerly the chief international economist of a leading economic forecasting firm,” provides a thorough examination of using gold to support the value of a currency (the gold standard ), as well as a history of gold standards in the past and his arguments for returning to a gold standard from the international floating currencies now in use. The purpose of the book is to argue the case for a return to the stability of the gold standard, and to dispel the most common myths of the failures of past gold standards.Lewis divides his book into three distinct sections. The first section, “Money in All its Forms,” provides much general economic and historical background of gold. Such topics are examined as the stability of gold, the differences between hard money and soft money, a history of various gold standards, taxes, and inflation, deflation, and the value of currency. Although much of the information presented in these chapters is very technical, Lewis breaks up the monotony of the discussion with historical events and anecdotes. In fact, one… Read full this story
- How a salmon scientist got hooked into a battle over the world’s largest gold mine
- Hyundai’s all-electric Kona is handsome – and packed with tech from infotainment system to USB ports
- Gold in them bits: Inside the world’s most mysterious Bitcoin mining company
- Cardi B’s
- U2 Resurrect ‘The Joshua Tree,’ Preview New Album at U.S. Tour Opener
- Is President Joao Lourenco’s team driving the Angolan Oil Rebound?
- Is a Gen X Show. Why Don’t We Ever Call It That?
- The best laptops you can buy in 2019 including Macbooks, Microsoft and Dell
- How warmly can Charles greet Donald Trump, the man who leered at both Kate and Diana?
- A Wealth of Questions Remain in Facebook ‘Hate Crime’ Torture
A Review of "Gold - The Once and Future Money" have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 10, 2007. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.