The Vietnamese Women’s Association held a meeting in Hanoi on October 19 to mark Vietnam Women’s Day.
In recent years, women’s associations have developed many new models and organised many activities to protect the legitimate rights of women. However, in the industrialisation, modernisation and international integration process, some operational contents and methods are not suitable to fully utilise women’s creativeness and potential. In the near future, the associations will focus implementation on targets set at the 10th National Women’s Congress such as encouraging women to study, work and build happy families as well as join in socio-economic development.
Earlier on October 18, Phung Huu Phu, member of the Party Central Committee and Standing Deputy Secretary of the Municipal Party Committee disseminated the Poliburo’s resolution on women’s activities in the renewal process. The resolution highlighted that by 2020 Vietnam becomes one of the countries with the highest gender equality.
Central Da Nang City held an art exchange on October 18 to welcome the 10 th Women’s Congress and to mark the 77 th anniversary of the Vietnam Women’s Union. Earlier, the City Women’s Union held a photo exhibition entitled “pace of life of Da Nang women”.
- Vietnam celebrates International Women’s Day
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 1/2
- Social media not famous face is key to protest marches
- Events on December 10-16
- 'Four-minute warning: time to boil your last egg' – 100 years of anti-war protests
- Top 10 must watch Comic Heroes
- Reuters released its most-liked Instagram photos of 2018, and they're an unforgettable portrait of the past 12 months
- Sustaining Southeast Asia’s Momentum
- The Latest: Former lawyer casts Trump as ‘racist,’ ‘con man’
- Corporate Volunteering; Giving Time to Make a Profit