They say it’s one of those times you’ll never forget where you were, like the Kennedy assassination. When the second plane hit the World Trade Center I was standing in the Sit Room, watching it on the widescreen TV in the operations center, along with Dr. Rice and the rest of the senior staffers who were still there. I couldn’t believe what was happening; yet there it was right in front of my very eyes. Around this time the words “Al-Qaida” started flowing from the mouths of people who would know about them, and it was painfully obvious that we were in the midst of a massive terrorist attack.I heard the phone at WWD ringing about twenty feet from where I was standing, so I went back to my desk and answered it. It was the first and only conference call I participated in at the White House, and it was Tim calling from home along with Raymond and Pam, the Deputy Director of Records, who was in the EEOB office with Raymond. Tim asked me if everything was OK and I told him I was fine. He said that this was a real emergency, and that if it got… Read full this story
- How Doctors And The Church Conspired To Stop An 11-Year-Old Girl From Having An Abortion After She Was Raped
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside Australia's newest maximum security prison where 400 inmates live in 'pods' without doors and enjoy special privileges - but 600 cameras watch EVERY move
- Inside James Haskell and Chloe Madeley's mansion as couple list stunning home on Airbnb
- Vulture TV Awards: The Best Sketch of the Year Is on
- Springfield of Dreams: 150 Best ‘Simpsons’ Episodes
- Child rapist finally unmasked as ‘reign of terror’ attacker
- Harrowing attacks on Sydney sex workers: ‘I was scared for my life’
- 'The Masked Singer' Dunks Thingamajig: 'I'm a Competitor at Heart'
- Missy Franklin 'so grateful,' embraces life after swimming
- Wot I Think - Torment: Tides of Numenera (for series newcomers)
Inside the Situation Room on 9-11 (Part 2 of 3) have 325 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 1, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.