The capital is about to get two flashy new theatres – both converted from historical buildings.
The venues are Khai Tri Tien Duc House near Hoan Kiem (Sword Return) Lake and the Pupils’ and Students’ Cultural House on Thien Quang Lake .
The move comes after several artists complained that there were not enough places to perform in the city. The State has not invested any money into building new theatres in the capital since 1954.
Khai Tri Tien Duc House, which is nearly 100 years old, occupies a prime spot in the property market. One side runs along tree-lined Le Thai To Street, facing Hoan Kiem Lake . The other side looks onto Hang Trong Street . The house is right next to the King Le’s Memorial.
- Hanoi Opera House
- New paint at Hanoi Opera House: Not the last color
- New Hanoi Opera House tours proposed
- Turning Hanoi Opera House into an attractive destination
- Approving a plan about organizing a 100 year anniversary of Hanoi Opera House
- Hanoi Opera House - one of Hanoi's grandest buildings
- Hanoi Opera House opens for tourists
- Hanoi Opera House opens tours
- Celebrating One Hundred Years of the Hanoi Opera House