Social Media is one of the hottest buzzwords in online marketing right now. It seems like pretty much everyone is a “new media expert” and promises you extreme success if you just buy their program or follow their methods.The truth is, really, that social media is an evolving methodology, and there is just as much good information as bad. In the bad category, especially notable are these three marketing myths:Myth #1: Social media is free. This is a misunderstanding because participating in Web 2.0 costs your business in time or money. Even though many of the sites are free, the time you spend (or pay to have spent) on these sites has a real cost, either in dollars, or opportunity. Instead of using these sites because they are “free”, use them because they are effective.Myth #2: Popularity is the best measure of expertise. As you know, so much of social media is a popularity contest, with people basing knowledge, wisdom, or expertise primarily on the size of a person’s following or friend base. While this is one measure to look at, it’s not the only measure to consider. Traditional media has always relied on the concept of millions reached, but… Read full this story
- Your Guide To Social Media Marketing
- Assaulted by trolls on social media? The high road is the only road for brands responding
- The U.S. could ban social media apps from using ‘psychological tricks’ like infinite scrolling and autoplay
- Does quitting social media make you happier? Yes, say young people doing it
- Markíza is the last drop. Financiers have divided the media market among themselves
- PM Narendra Modi launches social media campaign in support of CAA amid ongoing protests
- 'Side hustles' are all over social media, so what's behind the trend?
- How to Keep Up with the Trends on Social Media
- A Decade in the Era of Social Media: Top Influencers Who Redefined the Way We Think
- I deleted my social media apps because they were turning me into an idiot
Social Media Marketing - 3 Myths That Are Killing Your Business have 330 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 15, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.