An exhibition displaying some of the best art works of close friends Ngo Van Duyen and Le Son Hai has opened here. It comprises 48 works depicting nature, people, war and day-to-day life. Maternal: Tu Hao Ve Me by Le Son Hai is a tribute to the country’s brave mothers during the American war. The pair, both aged about 70, had similar interests in paintings when they studied together at the Fine Art School in 1965. Neither bothers too much about technique but concentrate on feelings to express their subject matter. Bong Hong Nhung (Velvet Rose) and Bong Hong Vang (Yellow Rose) by Duyen depict Vietnamese women in ao dai (traditional long dress),while the beauty of nature and ancient relics feature in Hai’s Vuon Chuoi (Banana Trees Garden) and Viet Len Troi Xanh (Write in the Blue Sky). “I am very fond of artist Tran Van Can’s saying that we paint people we love and love people we paint. Therefore, this is my guideline. All my paintings are from my heart and soul,” says Duyen. While Hai specialises in lacquer paintings, Duyen uses mostly oils. However, both centre much of their work around the tragedies and glories of the American…
- Where To Eat In Paris: The 7 New Restaurants Everyone's Talking About This Fall
- Toy Story 4 first trailer reveals new character - meet Forky
- Drawing on life's little ironies
- Simple jewellery swaps that can take years off your look
- The Art of Disappearance
- Easter Hymns From Old Cloisters
- Blaze Bayley on Fronting Iron Maiden: ‘It Was Like Playing Soccer for England in the World Cup’
- Movies You Should See In Case You Didn't
- Sprayground Pop-Up Shop Has More Bells And Whistles Than A Permanent Store
- What’s Your Favorite Vampire Movie?
Old friends master the art of life in new show have 286 words, post on at November 16, 2009. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.