Each day between May 10 and the day before the start of the 2010 FIFA World Cup on June 11, FoxSoccer.com analyst Jamie Trecker will preview each of the 32 teams playing in South Africa and tell you everything you need to know about each nation represented at the world’s greatest sporting event.Country: North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea)Nickname: “Chollima” (roughly: “Pegasus”)Important note: Though the team is usually referred to as North Korea, FIFA designates them as Korea DPR If you don’t know about North Korea, then you’re not paying attention to the nightly news. This small, impoverished, and deeply weird nation is currently engaged in some high-stakes sabre-rattling over its nuclear program, and it allegedly torpedoed a South Korean boat, a nation with which it is still technically at war. Led by Kim Jong-Il under what is widely described as a cult of personality, North Korea is almost hermetically sealed from the outside world. What little information we have on the nation comes from smuggled cell phone transmissions into South Korea (an offense punishable by death) and satellite flyovers that reveal how starkly undeveloped the nation is. Sadly, North Korea is about as close as you get to… Read full this story
- New Korean Satellite Sent into Space
- Lucky Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? player wins £64,000 thanks to question involving her publishing job - but would YOU get it right?
- Announcement of PUBG SEA Esports Roadmap for 2019
- What did Kevin Mather Say? Full Transcript of Seattle Mariners CEO's Controversial Speech
- Coronavirus cases in Singapore: Trends, clusters and key numbers to watch
- Late night desserts in Singapore: Where to go for sweet treats after-hours
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 7
- Apple Reports Record-Setting 1Q 2021 Results: $28.8B Profit on $111.4B Revenue [Conference Call Transcript]
32 Teams in 32 Days: North Korea have 301 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 10, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.