When Slovenia, the third smallest country to ever play at the World Cup, faces the United States on Friday, it will be one of those David vs. Goliath moments that the tiny alpine nation seems to relish. With a population of two million spread over land the size of New Jersey, Slovenia is not as widely recognized in the world as Balkan neighbors Croatia and Serbia. Annoyingly to Slovenes, the country is often confused with the slightly larger Slovakia. But the former Yugoslav republic on the eastern edge of the Alps is an overachiever when it comes to football – something it is keen to prove to the U.S. team at Ellis Park in Johannesburg. “The important thing is the heart. Not how big you are as a country,” midfielder Dalibor Stevanovic said. American fans browsing the Web for information on their next World Cup opponent – searches for “where is Slovenia?” is spiking off the charts according to Yahoo! – will find that, statistically, the two countries are in different leagues. Besides the fact that there are 150 times more Americans than Slovenes on the planet, the U.S. has a clear edge when it comes to football. The U.S…. Read full this story
- IAQ and Heart Disease
- Maribor (Slovenia) - Small City, Big Records
- Staying Sober Can Drive You to Drink - Anxiety of Staying Sober is a Killer
- Why Lower Blood Pressure is So Important
- Does Violence on a National Level Affect Sporting Performances?
- The Sperm Whale
- Maintain Clean Blood And Enhance Blood Circulation
- Blood-Glut (A Two Part Short Story)
- Mngwa - One of the Most Feared Creatures of Cryptozoology
- Having Courage In Discouraging Times
Slovenia: Tiny giant killer with heart of a lion have 269 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 16, 2010. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.