Media agencies made important contributions to the success of Vietnam ‘s ASEAN Chairmanship 2010, said a Foreign Ministry’s official.
Deputy Foreign Minister Dao Viet Trung gave out the assessment at a meeting to review information and cultural activities during 2010, the year that Vietnam is the Chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
He praised local media in particular the Vietnam News Agency, Vietnam Television, radio The Voice of Vietnam, the Nhan Dan and Quan Doi Nhan Dan newspapers for their diverse and wide-ranging coverage of all ASEAN-related events and Vietnam ‘s participation in the association.
In addition to dissemination, the country also held many cultural and arts activities, exhibitions, exchanges and contests on the sidelines of those events, effectively promoting the image of Vietnam , especially the country as ASEAN Chair, to international friends.
Trung added that regional and international media carried out tens of thousands of articles on ASEAN’s activities throughout the year./.
- Deputy PM: Vietnam, ASEAN unanimous in East Sea issue
- Media contribute to success of Vietnam’s ASEAN Chairmanship
- Vietnam and ASEAN members maintain consensus and responsible voices on East Sea issues
- PM’s attendance at BRF enhances Vietnam’s role in global integration
- Chairman’s Statement of ASEAN sessions with dialogue partners
- Vietnam, Indonesia Bilateral Relations to Witness New, Important Progress
- Pulling together to make ASEAN Chair a success
- The 10th meeting of Australia - Vietnam Joint Economic and Trade Cooperation Committee
- Vietnam Press: Opportunities and Challenges