Media agencies made important contributions to the success of Vietnam ‘s ASEAN Chairmanship 2010, said a Foreign Ministry’s official.
Deputy Foreign Minister Dao Viet Trung gave out the assessment at a meeting to review information and cultural activities during 2010, the year that Vietnam is the Chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
He praised local media in particular the Vietnam News Agency, Vietnam Television, radio The Voice of Vietnam, the Nhan Dan and Quan Doi Nhan Dan newspapers for their diverse and wide-ranging coverage of all ASEAN-related events and Vietnam ‘s participation in the association.
In addition to dissemination, the country also held many cultural and arts activities, exhibitions, exchanges and contests on the sidelines of those events, effectively promoting the image of Vietnam , especially the country as ASEAN Chair, to international friends.
Trung added that regional and international media carried out tens of thousands of articles on ASEAN’s activities throughout the year./.
- Late PM Khai’s contributions to Vietnam’s foreign relations hailed
- Vietnam attends ASEAN meeting on transnational crime in Thailand
- Bodies of victims found in UK truck repatriated to Vietnam
- PM highlights Vietnam-RoK, ASEAN-RoK fruitful cooperation
- VPN supports ASEAN Navies’ initiatives for sustainable maritime security
- Việt Nam attends ASEAN meeting on transnational crime in Thailand
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends ASEAN-RoK CEO Summit
- Vietnam, China look to stronger trade links and logistics cooperation
- Vietnam, Japan hold 7th defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam named second in ASEAN in fintech funding in 2019