CARDIFF, United Kingdom, March 26, 2011 (AFP) – Fabio Capello has insisted he is the right man to lead England to Euro 2012 despite the furore over his handling of the captaincy ahead of Saturday’s qualifier with Wales. Capello, who surprised many onlookers by opting to remain in his job following a hugely disappointing World Cup, has only one year remaining on his contract with The FA and has found shaking off the stigma of such a poor campaign in South Africa increasingly difficult. The latest self-inflicted wound came when he opted to re-instate John Terry as permanent captain but leaked his decision to the media before telling Rio Ferdinand, who had been handed the armband after Terry was punished for an off-field scandal. The fact that Terry, always Capello’s first choice, has been forgiven despite stories that he slept with the ex-fiancee of former teammate Wayne Bridge is not a major surprise; but the Italian’s handling of the situation has added fuel to the fire of his critics and made Saturday’s match in Cardiff even more of a must-win affair. Capello looked frustrated and irritated as he answered questions in a pre-match press conference in the Welsh capital but…
- Defiant SoHo Karen Miya Ponsetto arrives back in LA after NYC arraignment - with a drink in hand - as it emerges she is being probed for vandalizing her Airbnb on same day she accused black 14-year-old of stealing her phone
- Boris says more than 2.4million Covid-19 vaccines have been given to people in the UK as the minister in charge of the scheme says it CAN be delivered 24/7 'if they could get enough doses' but No10 insists there 'isn't a clamour for jabs after 8pm'
- Jogger is stopped by Covid marshal for 'breathing heavily' on run as police say exercise rules need to be TIGHTENED
- The slow death of Britain: Ex-BBC man GAVIN ESLER is coming to believe that the break-up of the UK is inevitable... and it'll be even messier than Brexit
- England prop Kyle Sinckler handed seven-week ban for gouging
- Dominic Raab hints people WON'T get second Covid jabs within 12 weeks and says some first injections might not be before September - despite 10 new vaccine hubs and Hancock claim that we are 'in home straight'
- 'They're death traps': Widow calls for police investigation into Highways England over smart motorways as coroner says husband could have survived M1 crash if there was a hard shoulder
- Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test: Joe Root says SL series will help English batsmen in long term
- England should focus on beating India instead of Ashes obsession: Graeme Swann
- BT Sport’s state-of-the-art app lets fans virtually enter Man Utd’s stadium and dressing room
I'm right man for England says defiant Capello have 444 words, post on at March 26, 2011. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.