15 artworks out of 1,375 artworks by 211 artists from 10 provinces and cities attending the Festival were chosen for exhibition. The Gold Medal award was delivered to “Girls and Spring” by Nguyen Dong from Khanh Hoa Art and Literature Association, and the Festival Organising Board also handed three silver medal prizes, four bronze medal prizes to artists with recognised artworks. The artwork “Silk Road” by Le Minh – an artist from Quang Ngai Art and Literature Association won the silver medal.
As planned, on 24 August, the Organizing Board for the 16th South Central and Central Highland Art Photography Festival will officially open the exhibition to display all the prized artworks at Quang Ngai General Library and it lasts until 02 September 2011.
The South Central and Central Highland Art Photography Festival is yearly held in the region. With the theme of “Highland and South Central Tourism – Potential and Development”, the Festival this year aims to exploit the natural beauty, preserve and promote the traditional culture, especially concentrating on the strength of tourism in the region, as well as the potential for tourism development in the new period.
Ngo Tri Nguyen
- Art photography: When 'reality isn't good enough'
- Chicago's South Side Community Arts Center among preservation grant recipients
- Culture – Tourism Festival to close National Tourism Year 2014 of Central Highlands – Da Lat
- Details on 'Site/Sound: Revealing the Rail Park,' a free art show and festival this fall
- Wintry storm hits south-central U.S.; 3 dead in Texas flooding
- Vietnam's Central Highland Ethnic Minority Culture, Sports and Tourism Festival about to open
- Hold the Festival of Culture- Sports- Tourism for Vietnamese in Central Highland provinces
- Phu Yen hosts Central Highland provinces music festival
- South Central Foto tour arrives in Phu Yen
- Sunset Arts and Music Festival coming to Knoxville's World's Fair Park for first time