The SEA Games Federation on Nov. 12 agreed to award the 28th edition of the competition to Singapore , the Singapore Straits Times reported, paving the way for the construction of a long-awaited new sports hub.
The city-state was slated to host the 2013 Games but it withdrew from the race because of delays in building the sports hub.
The Federation met in the Indonesian city of Palembang — which is currently co-hosting the 2011 Games with Jakarta.
- Singapore's Grab ends its game-changing year flush with cash
- Southeast Asian Galleries Set Their Sights on Art Basel Hong Kong
- Deportations of Southeast Asian Americans stress families and finances, advocates say
- 16 Photos Of Food That'll Make Southeast Asians Scream In Anger
- Budapest replaces Los Angeles as host of World Urban Games
- Grab, a Southeast Asian Ride-Hailing Giant, Raises $1.5 Billion
- Uber's Southeast Asian partner Grab gets $1.4B boost
- The Fiserv Forum Hosted Its First Basketball Game, We Were There
- Germany to host Peru in friendly game in September
- Southeast Asian Drinks, on the Go