NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Nate Washington jokes that Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer has been busy in the “lab” scheming up new ways for Tennessee to attack on offense. Well, what’s new actually is something a bit old school.Just call it a variation of the run and shoot.Palmer said Thursday he is expanding the playbook from the limited approach introduced last year that provided minimal options for receivers. It’s the same offensive system Palmer has been using for 20 years, dating to his days working with the then-Houston Oilers when now-Titans head coach Mike Munchak played guard alongside current offensive line coach Bruce Matthews and blocked for Warren Moon when they called it the run and shoot.“I’ve taken that every place I’ve gone,” Palmer said. We’ve been fortunate to be successful with it.”Palmer said the run and shoot is alive and well and points to the number of NFL teams using four wide receiver-sets. The biggest difference from the pass-happy offense the Oilers used to now is protecting the quarterback. Palmer said the key now is dropping the quarterback instead of rolling behind the tackle to throw.“To score you’ve got to be able to throw the ball. To win, you’ve… Read full this story
- Eagles lose backup QB Sudfeld and game to Titans, 27-10
- Attack on Titan Reveals Eren's Terrifying New Goal
- Coordinated Care Reduces Depression for Heart Disease Patients
- Assisting Hands Home Care® Expands to Better Serve the Elderly, Disabled and Veterans
- Arsenal stars’ hippy crack binge – watch Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacazette at wild party as Guendouzi passes out after taking hit from balloon
- Mueller fires starting gun on Democratic race to impeach by saying charging Trump was NOT AN OPTION as 2020 candidates demand action now and Nancy Pelosi tries to stem growing rebellion in her ranks
- Homelessness: It’s not a crime to sleep on the street — absent other options, court says
- Sony says its PlayStation consoles could get more expensive if China tariffs are expanded
- Report: LSU, FSU, Georgia all transfer options for D'Eriq King
- Bill Clinton tells Donald Trump to WORK with the Democrats while they impeach him and pass gun reform on day of another school shooting - telling him he should say: 'I am going to work for the American people.'
Titans coordinator expanding passing options have 380 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 25, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.