Welcome to Random Roles , wherein we talk to actors about the characters who defined their careers. The catch: They don't know beforehand what roles we'll ask them to talk about. Advertisement The actor: Mel Brooks has done many wonderful comedic things as a writer, director, and producer. Just for starters: Blazing Saddles , History Of The World: Part I, Young Frankenstein, The Producers , Spaceballs , Robin Hood: Men In Tights, The Twelve Chairs , and so on. He's played roles in many of his productions, done voiceover work, and cropped up in an array of other projects, including sitcoms and short films. It's all captured in the Shout Factory box set The Incredible Mel Brooks: An Irresistible Collection Of Unhinged Comedy , which Brooks describes as "for grandsons to give their grandfathers for Christmas." Young Frankenstein (1974)—Various voices (uncredited) Mel Brooks: By the way, we always confuse. We called the monster "Frankenstein." We never knew it was the doctor's name, we just thought that was the guy with the bolts sticking out of his neck; his name was Frankenstein. I made this wonderful movie with the great Peter Boyle playing the monster. You know, everyone was good. Teri Garr was… Read full this story
- Mel Brooks says he's "never been a fan of political correctness"
- EastEnders’ Charlie Brooks says fans constantly heckle her in the street for killing Barry – 17 years after he died
- EastEnders spoilers: All the characters who could die as an explosion rips lives apart
- EastEnders spoilers: A horror fire rips through Walford – who may die?
- Kenny Rogers, Who Brought Country Music to a Pop Audience, Dies at 81
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, Magnetic Star of the French New Wave, Dies at 88
- Charles Manson Dies at 83; Wild-Eyed Leader of a Murderous Crew
- EastEnders tragedy sees Kat Moon die in fire as Janine Butcher makes explosive return?
- Mal Z. Lawrence, Noted Catskill Quipster, Dies at 88
- Strom Thurmond, Foe of Integration, Dies at 100
Mel Brooks on how to play Hitler, and how he almost died making Spaceballs have 327 words, post on www.avclub.com at December 13, 2012. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.