Despite its proximity to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, traffic and concrete jungles give way to lakes, ponds, and wind-rustling trees at the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge. This 3.2-mile lollipop loop through the heart of the refuge skirts Dead Woman Pond and climbs a small hill before detouring south to the shores of Lake Texoma. You’ll finish the 1-mile loop by tracing a fence line at the edge of the refuge before backtracking 0.8 mile to the trailhead. Distance: 5.2DWL001Location: 33.7524325, -96.7629728Just before the picnic areaDWL002Location: 33.7555025, -96.7615579You’ll descend a small hill toward the western edge of Dead Woman Pond. This is one of the few places in the refuge you’re almost guaranteed to see wildlife, so it is also a convenient turn-around point for folks who want a quick-fix of bird and animal viewing.DWL003Location: 33.7622199, -96.7650354A 40-foot climb from the pond leads to this route’s highpoint at mile 0.8 and the beginning of the loop. Though you could go either direction, this route turns left at the Y-junction, heading west.DWL004Location: 33.7634151, -96.7691016Turn left at this T-junction for a southbound detour offering a view of Lake Texoma’s Big Mineral Arm. After the 0.5-mile out-and-back, continue north from this junction to continue… Read full this story
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Online beta impressions: Wild West multiplayer sets fine foundations
- Red Dead Redemption 2 review
- We played Red Dead Redemption 2 for a couple of hours
- Woman left with horrific scars and deformed stomach after catching flesh-eating bug ‘during botched tummy tuck’
- B.C. woman turned back at U.S. border told she needs a visa, lawyers call it unnecessary
- Meat allergy caused by tick bites turns comforts of home into a deadly terrain
- Woman claims cannabis oil was her ‘miracle cure’ for eczema that left her housebound
- Ebola Fast Facts
- NFL Fun Power Rankings, week 11: Where do Rams and Chiefs stand after Monday night's record-breaking showdown?
- The day a massive explosion killed four oil refinery workers
Dallas, TX: Dead Woman - Haller's Haven Nature Trail have 323 words, post on www.backpacker.com at September 20, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.