The Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU) on September 23 announced the winners of the Vietnam Women Prize, which went to ten individuals and five teams who have achieved pre-eminence in public life.
VWU also marked their 83rd anniversary, during which they introduced Creative Women Day.
This year, the winners have been selected for both excellent models in scientific research and those who overcame daily difficulties to become successful woman in society and support other unfortunate persons in the community.
Ten individuals received the prize including Dr. Khu Thi Khanh Dung, Vice Director and Chief of Neonatal Department at National Hospital of Pediatrics in Hanoi; Pham Thi Huan, Director of Ba Huan Company; Giang Pao My, Chairman of Lai Chau People’s Council; and Pham Thi Viet Nga, Director of DHG Pharmaceutical Joint-Stock Company.
Ten teams including female staff of the Mekong Delta Rice Research Institute; female medical workers in Le Huu Trac National Institute of Burns; and members of Women’s Union in An Giang Province won the prize.
On the occasion, an exhibition themed to highlight Women’s Rights and Economic Background will display 38 exhibits in Vietnamese Women’s Museum from October 1.
The Hanoi International Women’s Club (HIWC), a non-profit group whose membership is open to all expatriate women living in Vietnam, gave Female Vision Award 2013 to Nguyen Thi Lan Anh, founder and director of Action to the Community Development Center to acknowledge her efforts in promoting people with disabilities.
Having been born with glass bone disease and confined to a wheelchair throughout her life, Nguyen Thi Lan Anh has overcome her difficulties to help people with disabilities living in Vietnam.
Through her project Xuong Rong Van No Hoa (Cactus Blooming), her center provided people with disabilities in Ba Vi and Soc Son Districts in Hanoi with law consultation and access to preferential loans.
- Chubb Life Vietnam wins Top 10 Vietnam Insurance Reputation Award 2019
- Nobel Prize Awarded For Discovery of Brain's 'Inner GPS'
- Brad Pitt Rocks Chiefs Hat at SAG Awards After Team's AFC Championship Win
- USG Boral Vietnam wins Ashui Awards 2019’s Engineering of the Year
- U.S. women’s water polo team’s first loss since 2018 ends record streak
- Japan gunning for women's table tennis team gold at Tokyo 2020
- U.S. women’s national soccer team draws Sweden again for 2019 Women’s World Cup
- The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Is in the Finals. Here’s Why It Matters.
- The Infectious Idealism of the U.S. Women’s National Team
- CRPF women bikers to showcase skill at Rajpath on Republic Day