Bestselling author Tom Clancy, who also left his creative touch on the video game industry and in the sports realm, passed away Tuesday night at age 66 in a Baltimore hospital. See also: 10 Remarkable Posthumously Published Novels In an emailed statement to Mashable , publisher Penguin Group’s David Shanks, who had his hand in every published Clancy book, wrote: “I'm deeply saddened by Tom's passing. He was a consummate author, creating the modern-day thriller, and was one of the most visionary storytellers of our time. I will miss him dearly and he will be missed by tens of millions of readers worldwide. ” No details have been released about Clancy’s cause of death. Penguin Group told Mashable that Clancy’s upcoming book, Command Authority , will publish posthumously in December. These tweets sent Wednesday by Publishers Weekly and a New York Times reporter revealed Clancy’s passing: Bestselling author Tom Clancy has died. — Publishers Weekly (@PublishersWkly) October 2, 2013 Tom Clancy’s publisher confirms to the NYT that he died last night in a hospital in Baltimore. — Julie Bosman (@juliebosman) October 2, 2013 “He was a thrill to work with,” said Ivan Held, the president of Putnam. — Julie Bosman… Read full this story
- Tom Petty died from an accidental drug overdose, rock legend's family reveals
- Captain Tom Moore dies: Harry Kane remembers 'an inspirational man'
- Queen personally honours passing of Captain Sir Tom Moore aged 100: War hero who won nation's hearts by walking around his garden to raise £33million for the NHS has died after Covid battle as Boris Johnson pays tribute to 'beacon of hope'
- TV presenter Beverley Turner says she refused to clap for Captain Tom because she didn't want to 'maintain the fear that imminent death is all around'
- What was Captain Sir Tom Moore’s cause of death?
- Covid-19 cases FELL in all but four English local authorities last week, PHE data shows - as study finds Oxford vaccine 'blocks two-thirds of transmissions' and it's revealed UK is on track to give ALL adults TWO jabs by the end of August
- Captain Sir Tom Moore dead aged 100 – Hero who raised millions for NHS dies in hospital after Covid battle
- Tom Petty dead at 66 after legendary rocker suffers cardiac arrest at his Malibu home
- Let's put up a statue to Captain Tom: Matt Hancock says war hero has a 'place in history' and should be permanently honoured for £33m NHS fundraising efforts amid calls Trafalgar Square monument
- Captain Sir Tom Moore’s final picture – Poignant last photo of 100-year-old on holiday before he died of Covid
Bestselling Author Tom Clancy Dies at 66 have 419 words, post on mashable.com at October 2, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.