Hit US television show “Glee” drew a surge in viewers for an episode paying tribute to late actor Cory Monteith, ratings showed on Friday, although the teary farewell got mixed reviews. LOS ANGELES: Hit US television show “Glee” drew a surge in viewers for an episode paying tribute to late actor Cory Monteith, ratings showed on Friday, although the teary farewell got mixed reviews. Some 7.4 million “Glee” fans watched the Thursday night episode of the musical show, dedicated to the 31-year-old who died of an accidental drug overdose in July, according to Nielsen ratings cited by Variety. The Twittersphere inevitably went mad before, during and after the third episode of the series’ fifth season, in which fellow glee club members sob in front of a makeshift shrine in front of his character Finn Hudson’s old locker. But critics were divided over how well the episode handled the emotions. People magazine called the show “beautiful,” and hailed the “dignified” decision not to specify how the character had died. The episode was “an hour that was very moving — how could it not be? — but also very kind,” it said. The Hollywood Reporter called it “a respectful memorial and cathartic… Read full this story
- Deepika Padukone Dedicates An Emotional Tribute To Late Actor Irrfan Khan As Piku Completes 5 Years
- India bids farewell to Sushma Swaraj -- one of its finest leaders in decades
- Sukumar Remembers His Dear Friend Prasad, Pens An Emotional Post
- MasterChef: All Stars 2020: Fan favourite Amina eliminated
- Jerry Stiller's 'Seinfeld,’ 'King of Queens' co-stars react to his death: 'You will be so very missed'
- Amanda Holden joins a victory roll-sporting Scarlett Moffatt, David Beckham and Bear Grylls in leading the emotional stars commemorating the 75th anniversary of VE Day
- Ed Sheeran's £200million fortune sees star crowned the UK's richest musician under 30 after his wealth soars by £40million
- Star Wars actor Mark Hamill, 68, is 'done' after appearing in SIX films alongside Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher: 'I don't want to be greedy'
- Harris to 'heal emotionally' after succumbing to Overeem on UFC return
- Irrfan And I: Vishal Bhardwaj's Emotional Screenplay For The Late Actor Will Move You To Tears!
Mixed emotions over "Glee" farewell to late star have 350 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 14, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.