- Bản in : Bangkok conference reinforces ASEAN sub-regional labour cooperation
- FM: Towards a united, strong and open ASEAN Community
- Bản in : FM: Towards a united, strong and open ASEAN Community
- Vietnam suggests elevating ASEAN-EU dialogue tie to strategic level
- Viet Nam, ASEAN to work together in arts and culture
Praphansarn Publishing Company and the Bangkok Bank have jointly donated bilingual storybooks on ASEAN to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) in a project to prepare Thai youths for the opening of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
Governor of Bangkok M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra accepted the books on behalf of the BMA in a ceremony attended by executives of both sides.
The storybooks entitled ‘Bilingual ASEAN Series’ are aimed at preparing Thai youths for the opening of the AEC in 2015. They will be distributed to 438 schools under the jurisdiction of the BMA, as well as 40 People’s Libraries across the capital. The event also hosted a workshop for teachers, librarians, and education workers on how to master the art of storytelling. In addition, an exhibition on the current development of Bangkok as a “reading metropolitan” was also showcased to promote reading among the people of Bangkok.-VNA