The bodies of at least 21 people, including women and children, were found after an attack in eastern DR Congo, the UN peacekeeping mission there said Monday. Girls were believed to have been raped and decapitated while a child was also dismembered in a wave of violence in North Kivu last week, MONUSCO said in a statement. A local civil society organisation blamed the rampage on the Muslim Ugandan rebel group ADF-Nalu, one of the oldest but least known armed organisations based in the Democratic Republic of Congo. “The victims, including women and children — the youngest of which is thought to have been only a few months old — were hacked to death on December 13 and 14,” the statement said. “Three girls under 18 are reported to gave been raped by the attackers and then beheaded. The mutilated and dismembered body of a child is said to have been found in a tree, in the village of Musuku.” The attacks took place in several villages near Beni, a town which lies about 150 miles (250 kilometres) north of the provincial capital Goma, MONUSCO said. The UN peacekeeping force, one of the world’s largest, has been tracking down armed… Read full this story
- Women's Personal Safety Secret - Your Body Came With Built-In Weapons in Case of Physical Attack
- Gentling - A Fresh Approach to Treating PTSD in Children Who Are Victims of Interpersonal Abuse
- A Case For Specialized and Specific Intervention and Treatment Strategies With Abused Young Children
- Don't Fall Victim to This Critical Mistake in Your Martial Arts and Self-Defense Training
- FAQ's and Facts About Dog Attacks
- Autobiography of Dr S R Rangananthan
- Killer Mountain Claims More Victims in a Month Than Great White Sharks Have Done in 4 Years
- Treatment and Recovery After a Dog Attack
- After a Serious Dog Attack - Should You Consider Legal Action?
- 20 Survival Tips For Victims of Domestic Violence
Children among 21 victims of brutal DR Congo attack have 302 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at December 16, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.