- 20th Anniversary of Ho Chi Minh City Dance School
- Ho Chi Minh City preserves southern folk singing
- Ho Chi Minh City preserves southern folk singing – Arts – Arts & Entertainment
- Major coal-fired power project near Ho Chi Minh City sparks pollution concerns
- 6 new Zika cases raise Ho Chi Minh City’s total to 35
Nhan Dan Online – A festival began in Ho Chi Minh City on December 30 to celebrate 2014 with outstanding art performances and an exhibition on the city’s economic, cultural and social achievements in 2013.
The city’s central area has been decorated with lights till January 2 and fireworks displays will take place at 0:00 hours on January 1 at the Sai Gon River Tunnel in District 2 and Dam Sen Cultural Park in District 11.
Along with outstanding art performances featuring culture of the country’s three regions, other activities to raise charity funds for disadvantaged children are also organised. Special dishes across the country and from other countries are also introduced and served during the festival.
In addition, numerous public art performances will take place in districts, industrial and processing zones and public places.
The festival is an annual event to celebrate the New Year to diversify recreational activities and demonstrate the image of a developing city in international integration process.
(Source: VGP – Translated by Nhan Dan Online)