Microsoft announced 11 security bulletins for December’s Patch Tuesday release, fixing 24 vulnerabilities in Microsoft software, including Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, and Exchange. While Microsoft did not address the zero-day flaw in XP/Server 2003 discovered in November, it did fix the TIFF bug which affected Windows, Office and Lync enterprise messaging system. Five of the bulletins are rated as “critical” and the remaining six are considered “important.” Critical in this case means that if exploited, the vulnerability will allow the attacker to execute code remotely. Important in this context means that the vulnerability could result in user data being compromised or certain processes being disrupted. Microsoft recommends that Critical patches be applied immediately and Important patches “at the earliest opportunity.” “Like the last, late tropical storm of the season, Microsoft is taking one last swipe at security and IT teams alike,” said Ross Barrett, senior manager of security engineering at Rapid7. The Zero Day That Got FixedThe Graphics Component zero-day issue affected Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Office 2003/2007/2010, and Lync 2010/2013. This vulnerability can be exploited by previewing or opening a maliciously-crafted TIFF image, and active attacks successfully targeted Office 2010 on XP systems. This bug has been fixed… Read full this story
- Barack Obama shared lavish meal with two A-list celebrity couples on Presidents Day
- Jenna Dewan looked back on her days as a Texan cheerleader: 'Glitter was a way of life'
- 24-Days in Far Northern Qld Bird Watching
- Blake Shelton 'grateful every day' he's not with ex Miranda Lambert anymore
- SF mayor sets aggressive goal to shrink city’s carbon footprint to net zero by 2050
- 365 Days of Adventure
- Taxpayers will get an extra day to file and pay taxes after IRS website crash
- Lord Alan Sugar reveals REAL reason niece Rita Simons left I'm A Celeb amid fix claims
- Patch Exclusive: Kenly Elementary Radon Alert!
- “Zhu Zhu Pets” Give Children, Newscasters Their Black Friday Fix
Microsoft Fixes TIFF Zero-Day in December Patch Tuesday have 308 words, post on in.pcmag.com at December 10, 2013. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.