The Prime Minister recently decided to recognize 37 more artifacts as national treasures.
Some of the 37 new national treasures are as follows:
1. The Hung Temple bronze drum, which is typical of Dong Son culture (700 BC – 100). The drum is being kept at Hung Temple Historical Relic in Viet Tri city in northern Phu Tho province.
2. Cam Giang 1 bronze drum, which belongs to Dong Son culture. The drum is being preserved at the Thanh Hoa province museum.
3. Viet Khe tomb boat, which is a sophisticated form of burial among ancient Vietnamese people and also belongs to Dong Son culture, is currently kept at the National History Museum.
4. Hop Minh bronze jar, of Dong Son culture, is being preserved at Yen Bai province’s museum.
5. The set of bronze buckles, of Dong Son culture, is being kept at Hung Temple Historical Relic in Phu Tho province.
6. The Nua Mountain short sword, of Dong Son culture, kept at Thanh Hoa province’s museum
7. The “Xa loi Thap Minh” stele, aged 601, kept at Bac Ninh province’s museum
8. The stele at Bao Ninh Sung Phuc Pagoda, of the Ly dynasty, currently kept at the pagoda in Tuyen Quang province
9. The Sung Thien Dien Linh stele, of the Ly dynasty (1009–1225), kept at Long Doi Son Pagoda in Ha Nam province
10. The stele at Sung Khanh Pagoda, of Tran dynasty, currently kept at the pagoda in Ha Giang province
11. The “Vuon xuan Trung Nam Bac” (The spring garden in the northern, central and southern region), a masterpiece by Nguyen Gia Tri, one of the country’s prominent artists. The painting is currently being kept at Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Museum
12. The painting “Hai thieu nu va em be” (Two young ladies and a child), a work by artist To Ngoc Van, another eminent artist. The painting is preserved at the Vietnam Fine Arts Museum
13. The painting “Em Thuy” (Thuy), a masterpiece by revered artist Tran Van Can, which now calls the Vietnam Fine Arts Museum home
14. The cannon of the Nguyen dynasty (1802-1945), the country’s last monarchy. The item is kept at Ha Tinh province’s museum.
15. Doc Chua animal statue, of Dong Nai culture, kept at Binh Duong province’s museum
30 similar artifacts were recognized as national treasures in Oct 2012.
The Quang Nam Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism recently received over 1,500 antiques handed over by organizations and individuals.
The Vietnam History Science Association presented a 1.4m-tall bronze statue of Hoang Dieu, a local hero. Doan Anh Duong Co., a professional antique excavator, gifted 1,420 antiques which belong to the country’s hallmark Chu Dau pottery. The antiques were recently unearthed from wrecked ships off Cu Lao Cham sea in Hoi An city.
The artifacts will be showcased to the public at the provincial museum and the Heroic Mothers Museum.