Bloomberg deserved better Brooklyn: I want to thank Mayor Bloomberg for his service to our city. As Josh Greenman writes (“Inclusive? Fringe pals anything but,” Jan. 2), he may have worn out his welcome in his last term, but he left this city a better place. Those speeches by Harry Belafonte, Ramya Ramana and Letitia James were disrespectful, to say the least. I wonder if the mayor’s office vetted them. If not, it should have. Kathy Samaris Staten Island: Although I was not a huge fan of Michael Bloomberg, I do respect him as a successful businessman and as a mayor who kept this city safe and growing over the last 12 years, in spite of some tough times nationally. Some comments made by speakers at Bill de Blasio’s inauguration were not only tasteless and crude but divisive and despicable. If this is what he and his administration are going to be like, this city and its people are in for four years of anything but unity. Anthony Rotunno Speaking out of turn Belle Harbor: In a day loaded with liberal speeches, two comments stood out. The first was made by Rev. Fred Lucas, who compared the city to a… Read full this story
- Should the minimum wage rise to £10 an hour?
- Would raising the minimum wage to £10-an-hour lift families out of poverty?
- Our view: Minimum wage increase should consider all voices
- The benefits, pension, wages and tax changes coming in 2019
- Colombia inaugurates first cable car in capital
- READERS PANEL: Tell us what you think of the Tele and you can win £50
- No brainer… wages could be problem – how Pompey fans react to potential Halford return
- Head of EU delegation to Turkey, Christian Berger: Turkey, EU prioritize education, job creation for Syrian refugees
- Britain's best paying supermarkets
- Study results: Moldovan salaries cover not even a half of the costs needed for a decent life
Readers sound off on the inauguration, Christianity and the minimum wage have 310 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 3, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.