- Journey to the centre of Son Doong Cave
- Son Doong recognised as world`s largest cave by three international organisations – Attractions – Travel
- Son Doong Cave internationally recognised
- Bản in : Son Doong Cave internationally recognised
- Quang Binh received two world record certificates for Son Doong Cave
(VOV) -The American Business Insider Magazine has recognised Vietnam’s Son Doong cave system as one of the world’s 12 most impressive.
- Phong Nha cave listed among top world destinations
- Trial tours of world’s largest cave to be launched
- Cave Festival opens in Quang Binh
According to the magazine, Son Doong cave is actually the longest natural cave system thus far known. Underground rivers eroding limestone deposits formed the cave approximately 2 to 5 million years ago.
It stretches about five kilometers in length, and opens out as high as 200 metres and as wide as 150 meters.
The cave starts to welcome international visitors in 2014.
The magazine also honoured Thailand’s Phraya Nakon and Morakot caves, New Zealand’s Waitomo Glowworm cave, Mexico’s Crystal Caves, Italy’s Blue Grotto, Scotland’s Fingal cave, France’s Lascaux, Russia’s Orda cave, Austria’s Eisriesenwelt, and China’s Reed Flute.