Welcome to the early access report, a regular round-up looking at the most interesting early access games of the moment. Here we try new alphas and revisit old ones to separate the promising gems from the bug-ravaged time wasters. Early Access was always going to have a large number of games ‘inspired’ by classics. Developers everywhere are thinking: “A lone-man – probably in his pants – made the PC’s fourth biggest game? So can I…” And then trousers are discarded and coding starts. Two Early Access games clearly have origin stories entwined with Minecraft: FortressCraft Evolved is the most obvious ‘re-interpretation’ of the game I’ve ever played, while Signs of Life at least has the confidence to strike out on its own, in a 2D block-built world. Finally, there’s Arcane Worlds , which wants you all to remember Magic Carpet. Are you remembering?At first and second glances, and then after a long, eye-straining stare, FortressCraft Evolved looks a lot like Minecraft: you’re in a blocky world, a land of rolling hills and trees, with the odd building in there to break up the sad monotony of a currently uninteresting world-generation palate. It’s not an interesting place to explore at the… Read full this story
- FBI raid on Donald Trump's lawyer's office 'sought documents on infamous Access Hollywood tape'
- From war-torn streets to a World Cup final against France – Modric
- Why millions of football fans see the World Cup like this
- While world watches Rohingya crisis, Burma Christian minority faces 'cleansing'
- What was life like before Google?
- Harry Kane scores hat-trick as England hit Panama for six to secure World Cup knock-out qualification
- Rich countries not doing enough to track early breastfeeding
- Harry Kane scores hat-trick as England hit Panama for six to secure World Cup knock-out qualification: live updates
- Donald Trump had 'no idea' his personal attorney was selling White House access, Rudy Giuliani claims
- Expressive eyebrows evolved to communicate emotion, say scientists
The Early Access Report: FortressCraft Evolved, Signs of Life and Arcane World have 318 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at February 5, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.