Apple Inc has invited top fashion editors and bloggers in unprecedented numbers to its Tuesday launch gala, further evidence that the iPhone maker is preparing to take the wraps off a smartwatch. Apple is forging closer ties to the fashion world as it plots its foray into the fertile field of wearable technology, trying to win over a critical crowd that may prove crucial to the success of consumer gadgets worn around the body. A smartwatch would represent Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook’s first real new product since taking the baton from Steve Jobs. Several fashion media editors told Reuters they received invitations for the first time to an annual September product-launch, which they took as confirmation of a wristwatch in the wings. “I assume it’s because they are unveiling a wearable,” said Lea Goldman, features and special projects director for Marie Claire magazine, a first-time invitee. “This suggests Apple is serious about tapping into the fashion world, which often sits on the sidelines.” Apple declined to comment. The iPhone maker, known for its sleek aesthetic, has made overtures to the fashion press in the past. It typically opts to host a separate event in New York where editors meet…
- Apple Courts HBO, Showtime for Service to Challenge Netflix
- Supreme Court teed up to act on mystery Mueller-related grand jury case
- Is Apple Saying Goodbye to Fashion?
- Readers Ask About Apple’s New iPhone and Watch
- Apple's next iPhone could let you charge other devices with it
- Apple Watch ECG feature spots deadly heart condition arrives in UK
- Apple Watch saved life of 46-year-old father with heart arrythmia
- Read Tim Cook's full letter to investors about Apple sales
- 5 takeaways from Apple's stark China warning
- Apple’s Glum News About China Sales Sends Stocks Lower
Apple courts fashionistas as smartwatch expectations mount have 289 words, post on at September 6, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.