Joe Biden, who authored the Violence Against Women Act as a Senator, deplored the culture of domestic violence to Today show’s Tamron Hall Tuesday morning. “This whole culture for so long has put the onus on the woman,” he said. “What were you wearing, what did you say, what did you do to provoke? That is never the appropriate question.”Biden contrasted the outrage over Rice’s assault to the culture of domestic violence he was trying to combat in 1994. “There were so many laws on the books that lay the presumption that if I raped you or I abused you, you must have done something,” he said. “It’s never, never, never the woman’s fault. No man has a right to raise his hand to a woman. No means no. That was my position twenty years ago, but it was like, ‘Oh that’s a little too strong, that’s too much.’ Because society didn’t want to peel this scab back.”He acknowledged that the NFL “did the right thing, whether it was for the right reasons or spontaneously enough,” but also said the league’s hand had likely been forced by female NFL fans’ economic leverage. He also called upon college presidents to prioritize… Read full this story
- The True Cost of Denial: Misconceptions about Domestic Violence Persist in Iceland
- Advert accused of 'trivialising domestic violence' for depicting couple's row over avocados is cleared
- 'Celebrity Big Brother should take responsibility for dropping the ball on domestic violence, not Roxanne Pallett'
- Safe Passage holds vigil to start Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- The Global Cost of Domestic Violence
- Mystery woman who rang doorbells at night identified
- Desperate woman's fight for life as hulking husband throttles her in elevator
- Touching reason why woman is conquering her fear of open water today
- NRL launches Voice against Violence Program for footy guys in Tonga
- Sick rapist used 9ft snake to torture victim and raped one woman 1,000 times
Biden on Domestic Violence: ‘It’s Never, Never, Never the Woman’s Fault’ have 318 words, post on www.mediaite.com at September 9, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.