When I was asked to participate in one of my favourite TV shows, Antiques Road Trip, this summer, I leapt at the chance. I knew I had a huge amount to learn about a fascinating subject. And learn I did. But I came away with not just facts about Japanese ceramics and silver hallmarks, but something far more painful. As I watched the programme sitting at home last month, I discovered what I really look like. Esther is still the size 10/12 she has always been but fooled herself into thinking she could get away with wearing her old clothes (left). After consulting experts (right) Esther’s look is completely transformed There was my daughter, Becca, 34, dressed with casual elegance as we browsed shabby antiques. But the shabbiest antique of all was me. The trouble is that over the years I have stopped seeing myself as I really am — like, I suspect, most women my age. At 74, I somehow believed time has stood still and my reflection looked just as it had in Eighties. Even then I was never beautiful, but I was at least passable. Esther at the Pride of Britain Awards in a blue lace dress… Read full this story
- Passing on the First Lady fashion torch! Melania and Jill both kick off Inauguration Day with a stylish bang - as Mrs. Trump leaves White House in $5,600 Chanel jacket with a $70,000 Birkin bag while Mrs. Biden dons $6,000 custom blue outfit by Markarian
- Teenager who feels 'really weird' about her dad, 59, dating a woman of 19 divides opinion on Reddit as some claim it's 'none of her business' while others brand him a 'creepy predator'
- Lord Sumption suggests NHS doctors would choose to save a 25-year-old over Captain Tom as he says Stage 4 bowel cancer sufferer's life is not 'worth less in the eyes of God or fellow citizens'
- Grange Hill cast reunite 43 years on to discuss the importance of teaching kids about drugs in a pre-internet world and meeting First Lady Nancy Reagan
- 'No holidays for Brits for a year': Travel industry's dire warning after Boris's threat to quarantine ALL UK arrivals in airport hotels send BA, Ryanair and easyJet share prices tumbling
- House Poised to Impeach Trump for ‘Incitement of Insurrection’: Live Updates
- House Poised to Impeach Trump for Second Time: Live Updates
- House Votes to Impeach Trump: Live Updates
- 'Womb raider' killer Lisa Montgomery is executed - the first female federal prisoner for 67 years - as her lawyer blasts Trump and 'the craven bloodlust of a failed administration'
- Jealous boyfriend who doused a teenage girl in a beer bottle full of petrol leaving her with horrific burns to half her body and too afraid to put fuel in her car could walk free from jail in just six months
Tricks that’ll take ten years off any older woman: Ditch the pearls. Chuck out the cardies. And NEVER leave the house without something sparkly... have 452 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 12, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.