By the end of 2014, 40,000 Masai people will be evicted from their ancestral homeland in Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. And it’s not because of conflict, drought or environmental degradation. No. They’re being driven from their home because the Dubai Royal Family wants to make their land into their own private reserve The reason isn’t to admire animals either, or protect the dwindling populations of beautiful wildlife that dot the plain. No, it’s so the royal family can continue one of their favorite activities: hunting big game. According to a report by The Guardian, in 2013, the Tanzanian government resisted the purchase, proposing instead a “wildlife corridor” dedicated to hunting near the Serengeti National Park. However, the deal, brokered by the luxury safari company Ortelo Business Corporation, will still reportedly go through. Masai representatives will meet the prime minister, Mizengo Pinda, in Dodoma on Tuesday to express their anger. They insist the sale of the land would rob them of their heritage and directly or indirectly affect the livelihoods of 80,000 people. The area is crucial for grazing livestock on which the nomadic Masai depend. Unlike last year, the government is offering compensation of 1 billion shillings (US$590,000), not to… Read full this story
- Which Royal Family members have fallen out? The Royal Feuds from Prince Harry and William to Fergie and Prince Philip
- Dubai wife branded a ‘horse’ on Facebook says she’s willing to DROP charges against Brit love rival now facing jail
- Can the world's royals modernize and maintain their thrones?
- 10 laws that can land you in jail abroad after Brit mum is arrested in Dubai
- 50 of the best family days out in South Wales
- Moldova will participate in “Expo Dubai 2020”. The pavilion of our country, divided into four areas: “Discover, Taste, Craft and Invest”
- Family set up petition after arrest of former soldier Andrew Neal in Dubai
- Royals open revamped Hillsborough Castle
- Done Dubai? Ajman is a sunshine destination everyone should know about
- Border Fox said he was hired by Mansfield Jr to evict family
40,000 People To Be Evicted From Their Homeland So The Dubai Royal Family Can Hunt have 333 words, post on says.com at November 20, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.