For most of us, going to a big show like Disney’s The Lion King or The Book of Mormon at the Des Moines Civic Center is a once, maybe twice, a year experience.We hear a date, check with friends or family, and snoop around online to buy what we think is the best ticket for the price.But did you know Iowa has no law protecting consumers from those who try to get you to pay a lot more for tickets than you need to?And did you know that if you aren’t careful, you can pay anywhere from 50 percent to 500 percent more for a ticket than its face value?Nationally, online ticket brokering has exploded in the past decade, pitting primary ticket sellers, performers and promoters against those who have milked billions in the secondary market and straight-up scammers who pawn off fake tickets online.Locally, enough Iowans have been duped that the folks at the Civic Center reached out to the Reader’s Watchdog. They want to be more proactive about alerting the public ahead of some big shows coming after the first of the year.Simply put: The Civic Center wants you to know that unless you’re going to desmoinesperformingarts.org for… Read full this story
- Khloe Kardashian spikes sneaker resell market after sporting mocha Air Jordans at basketball game
- Harry Styles 'Love On Tour' Ticket Prices, 2023 Dates and Venues
- Historic celebrity shoes and bags on display at Sejong Center for the Performing Arts
- I’m 14 and my shoe side hustle makes £1.6k a month & I buy electric motorbikes – trolls slam me but I don’t care
- I drove 40 miles to buy famous sweets being sold at the viral off-licence Wakey Wines – they cost £20 but I don’t care
- FairPrice warns against buying exclusive Hello Kitty mahjong sets resold on Carousell for up to $588
- Migration 2022: Republicans Step Towards the Center as Democrats Open Borders
- Mega millions jackpot climbs to $940 million - what can you buy for nearly $1 billion?
- Here's where your money goes when you buy a ticket from a state-run lottery
- Silvermine Arts Center To Celebrate 100th Anniversary With Open House
Civic Center: Don't buy tickets from resellers have 352 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 18, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.