Looking back over a year’s worth of news, a lot happened in 2014. Studios fell apart, others rose from the ashes. Game makers worked through war, floods, even — according to one team — the schemings of Satan.Gamers celebrated the history of games in art, in museums; we even dug some of it up and sold it on eBay.But most noticeable among the many trends in video game culture this year was the rise of the gamer themselves. We watched as eSports continued to blossom, tracked down the first million-point Xbox Live achiever, celebrated with the fans of Tecmo Bowl and the Gran Turismo players turned professional racers. Ghost stories of Kinect as spirit tracker intrigued us and, I’ll be the first to admit, the tale of a soldier who grew closer to his son through games made us cry.This year was an amazing year for games, made all the more amazing by the people who make and play them. Over the course of nearly the entire year, Polygon and its staff investigated, interviewed and wrote more than 200 reports.Reports are the sort of stories that usually involve a bit more leg work, a few more interviews, to get to the… Read full this story
- The best iPhone apps (September 2020)
- Special Report: Civil rights icon defied death. Now he and his wife navigate pandemic, protests
- The best Android apps (September 2020)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Remake Review Roundup
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Review Roundup
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Hurricane Laura makes landfall amid RNC, social justice protests
- Which country has the world's best healthcare system?
- Majority of Windrush scandal compensation claimants are still without payment after scheme pays out £1million to 143 victims - despite 1,480 applications
- Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga Pre-Orders Include Deluxe Edition, Exclusive Steelbook
- 10pm UK weather forecast – Flood alerts in force for England as odds slashed on wettest September EVER – LIVE updates
2014 in review: Polygon's best reports cover war, flood, The Hobbit and Satan's schemings have 310 words, post on www.polygon.com at December 19, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.