Chris Cowland, Chrysler’s Director of Advanced and SRT Powertrain, is the man charged with bringing the 707hp Hellcat engine to life for Dodge. And while there were certainly other talented engineers at Dodge who brought their significant talents to bear on engineering the supercharged 6.2L wonder mill, it was Cowland who oversaw the grand plan and made the key design decisions. As the hot rodding public will soon find out, Chrysler’s move to put Cowland in charge was a wise one. But first, some background on the man. Cowland has been a fixture in the automotive industry for 30 years—the last six at Chrysler. He was initially brought in as chief engineer and program director of the Pentastar engine program (Chrysler’s line of aluminum 3.0, 3.2, and 3.6L V-6 engines with variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation), then he took over in his current role as director for Advanced and SRT Powertrain. The mastermind behind the Hellcat is a Brit, and he hails from Peterborough, a town just 75 miles north of London, England. Cowland got his Masters Degree in Automotive Engineering from the prestigious Cranfield Institute of Technology, and began working near his hometown at Perkins Engines, which makes… Read full this story
- Chris Paul introduced in Houston: “It’s all about winning”
- 'It feels like the impossible when it happens': Chris Hoy and his wife Sarra reveal they were hit with an 'urgent grief' after their son Callum was born 11 weeks premature
- Inside Maura Higgins romantic trip to Dubai as boyfriend Chris Taylor ‘spoils her’ with expensive Cartier birthday gift
- Chris Wallace's Fox News colleagues blast his handling of first presidential debate and accuse moderator of siding with Biden over Trump - as president describes it as 'two against one... fun!'
- Maura Higgins and Chris kiss for the first time as they celebrate after finally coming clean on new romance
- Chris Wallace pushes back on Fox reporter's claim that Trump is winning despite losing
- 'Joe Rogan would do a much better job than Chris Wallace!' Trump lashes out at moderator after debate gets out of control
- Chris Hemsworth announces his new role in the Mad Max prequel Furiosa and says 'he'll do his best to continue the tradition of cinematic badassery'
- 'In a way it's hard that my brothers are so-well known': Luke Hemsworth discusses the Hollywood success of his famous siblings Chris and Liam as he reveals struggle to 'differentiate from them'
- Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky looks stressed as she visits a petrol station with her children - a day after she was forced to escape through her car window while caught in floodwater
24 Questions With Chris Cowland have 432 words, post on www.hotrod.com at December 2, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.