Malacañang has promised to release results of the “transparent” probe of the allegedly anomalous purchase of vaccines by resigned Health Secretary Enrique Ona. In a radio interview on Sunday, Presidential Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said the Aquino administration observes principles of transparency. “Patuloy tayong sumusunod sa patakaran ng pagiging bukas at pagiging transparent. At sa takda pong panahon, kapag napapanahon nang maisiwalat o mailabas ang lahat ng mga kinakailangang malaman, isasagawa po ‘yan [We observe transparency at all times. I due time, we will make public the results of the investigation],” he added. President Benigno Aquino 3rd accepted on Friday the resignation of Ona, who went on leave more than a month ago, citing health reasons. But President Aquino later revealed that he wanted Ona to explain on why he went against a recommendation of the World Health Organization (WHO) to purchase a type of anti-pneumonia vaccine. The President then appointed Janette Garin as acting Health secretary. In a statement released after the controversy surfaced, Ona denied any wrongdoing and said the vaccine that the Department of Health opted for was cheaper than the one recommended by the WHO. He said at the time of the purchase, it was… Read full this story
- Reps Call on FTC to Probe Facebook's Fast-and-Loose Privacy Practices
- Scientists Open Door to New Vaccines
- Purdue Scientists Probe How Two Groups of Viruses Cause Disease
- We now know when China’s ‘Heavenly Palace’ will crash to Earth. But where?
- U.S. Probes Online Trading
- AOL Probes Possible Revenue Misstatement
- Report Probes Social Media's Threat to Democracy
- FCC Wades Into Net Neutrality Swamp With Comcast Probe
- FDA Advises Against Use of Rotarix
- Argonne X-Rays Used to Help Identify a Key Lassa Virus Structure
Palace: Vaccine probe transparent have 280 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at December 21, 2014. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.