It’s a royal mess. Prince Andrew has long been known as an international playboy, but the latest headlines about him are far more ruinous than anything written about him before. Or, for that matter, about any British royal for at least a couple hundred years. The Duke of York has been accused in a Florida lawsuit, along with Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, of having sex with an underage girl who claims she was a 17-year-old “sex slave” hired to service them and other rich and famous friends of Jeffrey Epstein, an American multi-millionaire financier and convicted sex offender. Both men deny this. Dershowitz, a skilled lawyer and canny media personality, is fighting back with all the considerable legal and public-relations tools at his disposal. Andrew, 54, is in a tougher position. As a royal, he can’t go on TV and call down vengeance on his accuser the way Dershowitz can. Even if her accusations are proved to be false, his already-sullied reputation has been further damaged in a way that probably can’t be fixed. And it’s not over yet. Hence the huge headlines in the British media, which have long enjoyed pursuing royal sex scandals, especially if it involves… Read full this story
- Prince Andrew ‘vanished’ from official Royal records for DAYS at time Virginia Roberts claims she had sex with him
- Prince Andrew is now a royal without a role. But who is paying?
- Prince Andrew steps down from royal duties amid ties with Epstein, says it's affecting charitable work
- The Queen attends award ceremony alongside David Attenborough hours after Prince Andrew steps down from royal duties
- 'If Prince Andrew wasn't a Royal he'd have been fired by now'
- Prince Andrew stepping back from royal duties
- Prince Andrew sex claim scandal overshadows UK election campaign
- Prince Andrew has broken unspoken royal rule: Stay tight-lipped
- Sarah Ferguson visits Buckingham Palace after Prince Andrew steps down from royal duties
- Organizations to review links with Prince Andrew over Epstein case
Prince Andrew ‘sex slave’ case a royal mess have 324 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at January 6, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.