CLEVELAND — This weekend’s Tribe Fest marked the beginning of looking back at the 1995 American League championship team.During Saturday’s afternoon session Sandy Alomar, Paul Assenmacher, Dennis Martinez and Charles Nagy took part in a roundtable session on the main stage before participating in an autograph session.The big celebration for the team will be on Fathers’ Day weekend (June 19-20). In winning the AL pennant for the first time in 47 years, the Indians won 100 games, including going 54-23 the second half of the season, before beating Boston in the division series and Seattle in the ALCS. The Tribe lost to Atlanta in six games in the World Series.”It’s still hard to believe how time flies,” Nagy said on Saturday. “That year was fun. We were enjoying ourselves. Everyone got along and it showed. We played with a lot of confidence from the young guys to the old guys.”Added Assenmacher: “It was a special thing and we knew we were in the middle of something neat but looking back at it 20 years later it is just unbelievable the numbers that these guys put up. I feel very fortunate to play on that team. It was one of a… Read full this story
- That Magical Season: In 1939, Garfield HS celebrated Christmas with storybook championship team
- Indiana state championship team that inspired 'Hoosiers' still a Super underdog story
- Bowie 1949 championship team member passes away
- Carmelo Anthony dominates again, netting 41 points in win over Bucks as NY Knicks honor 1972-73 championship team
- Walter's Hot Dogs Celebrates 95 Years
- Member of UK basketball's national championship team rips Trump, White House
- Paul George on Carmelo Anthony trade to Thunder: 'This feels like a championship team'
- ESPN film 'Survive and Advance' captures best of Jimmy Valvano and 1983 North Carolina State championship team
- Mikhail Prokhorov and Nets still have long way to go to beat Heat and become championship team
- Time magazine staff celebrates final close in old offices with bartender pushing bar cart to each desk
Time flies: Indians celebrating ’95 AL championship team have 332 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 24, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.