A conservative group welcomed Sen. Rand Paul into the presidential race with a TV ad that says he “supports Obama’s negotiations with Iran.” That’s misleading. Paul does support negotiating a nuclear deal, but he wants Congress to approve it — a major difference between the Republican senator and Democratic president.Paul was one of 47 senators who signed a letter to Iranian officials warning that any deal reached between them and Obama could be undone by Congress or overturned by a future president. Obama later said he was “embarrassed” for those who signed the letter. Paul also is a co-sponsor of the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015 that seeks to provide Congress an up-or-down vote on any nuclear pact with Iran. Obama has threatened to veto the bill.However, Paul also goes too far in his response to the ad when he says “almost every element of the ad is a lie.” The ad is correct when it says that Obama and Paul opposed “tough new sanctions on Iran.” In January, Paul opposed a Senate bill that sought to reimpose sanctions against Iran that were rolled back by Obama during negotiations and to add new sanctions if a deal fell… Read full this story
- Dr. Fauci slams Republican senator Rand Paul as 'cavalier' for saying schools should reopen because of 'low mortality' in children and claiming coronavirus had a 'relatively benign course outside of New England'
- Rand Paul: Biden ‘Caught Red-Handed’ Using Govt. Spy Powers Against ‘Political Opponent’
- Brennan: Rand Paul’s ‘Inane Comments’ Show He Has No Understanding of Intelligence Profession
- Rand Paul: Unmasking for Political Purposes ‘Illegal,’ ‘An Abuse of Power’ that Needs to Be Investigated
- Dr. Fauci Patiently Shuts Down Rand Paul for Minimizing Virus Fears
- Sen. Rand Paul, Who Opposed Coronavirus Relief Bill, Tests Positive
- Fauci responds to Rand Paul: 'I have never made myself out to be the end-all'
- Rand Paul Believes Obama Gave 'Direct Permission' for FBI Russia Investigation, Including Flynn Unmasking, FISA Warrants
- Grenell won't testify despite Rand Paul request in wake of Flynn 'unmasking' revelations
- Rand Paul rips Biden over Flynn unmasking, says it 'should be a deal-killer' for ex-VP's White House bid
Fact check: Ad links Rand Paul to Obama on Iran have 354 words, post on www.usatoday.com at April 9, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.