6TH UPDATE, 3:42 PM: The San Andreas opening weekend B.O. quake finally has stopped shaking, and here’s how the film stands: $54.59M final three-day. B.O. industry naysayers last week were predicting $30M. Warner Bros always knew it would be higher for the New Line pic. Warner Bros’ whirlwind frame of San Andreas, Mad Max: Fury Road ($14.1M) and American Sniper crossing $350M has catapulted the Burbank studio to the top of 2015’s studio marketshare (January 1-May 31) with $852.3M, per Rentrak Theatrical. Disney sits in second ($845.7M) for the year, followed by Universal ($810.3M), 20th Century Fox ($622.5M) and Paramount ($276.6M). Dwayne Johnson hasn’t stopped working social media on the film, tweeting out throughout today how San Andreas is his biggest opener among his solo outings. The Brad Peyton-helmed film, a co-prod with Village Roadshow, also owned the weekend’s highest per-screen at $14,453, followed by $8,431 for Radius’ Heaven Knows What, Joshua and Ben Safdie’s movie about a heroin addict who finds mad love in the streets of New York. Anne Fontaine’s dramedy Gemma Bovery, about a couple who moves into a Norman village (it just so happens that they have and behave just like the characters in the Gustave Flaubert novel Madame Bovary), also charted a high PTA with… Read full this story
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' to Have U.S. Premiere in San Francisco (EXCLUSIVE)
- NFL Week 2 grades: Saints get an 'F' for ugly loss to Panthers, Packers earn 'A-' for Monday night win
- ‘Shang-Chi’ Strong Second Weekend With $31M+; ‘Malignant’ Dying
- The Unwritten Rules of Black TV
- Clint Eastwood Easily Tops ‘Tammy Faye’ And ‘Cop Shop’ At Friday Box Office
- Better Buy: AT&T vs. Comcast
- Sarah Jessica Parker Filming SATC 3? All the scoop
- The Oakland Police Department says it is underfunded. Is that true?
- 66 Pop and Jazz Albums, Shows and Festivals Coming This Fall
- Who shot Ghost in Power? All the theories about that cliffhanger and what will happen next
‘San Andreas’ $54.6M Bow Shoots Warner Bros. To Top Of 2015 Marketshare – Monday Actuals have 320 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.