For over 50 years, Doctor Who has changed the face of science fiction. With more than 800 episodes, and adventures spanning all of time and space, this icon of television science fiction may seem a little intimidating. But the good news is, it’s really quite simple. Here’s the io9 guide to Doctor Who. Welcome back to the io9 Guide series, where we write simple but comprehensive guides to the most important universes of science fiction and fantasy. These guides are aimed at casual viewers in search of a quick refresher, as well as seasoned fans who want to debate the meaning and essential knowledge of a subject. What is Doctor Who about? Simply put, Doctor Who is a show about an alien time-traveler who goes around helping people, usually with the help of one or more human traveling companions. Doctor Who stands out among other science fiction series, because it tries not to focus on the dark, gritty aspects of the medium. It’s a show about relentless optimism, both in the hope of finding a peaceful conclusion to any conflict, and in the hope of discovery and appreciating the beauty of the world around us. It’s about finding the joy… Read full this story
- Area Guide: The Hertfordshire hamlet of Tyttenhanger
- Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Hitchin
- Guilty: Taxi driver refused to take woman and guide dog
- Doctors unveil first child blast wound manual
- These Nottingham pubs have made the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2020
- Landlord's anger over Good Beer Guide 'snub'
- Stunning photographs bring Pendle visitor guide to life
- First ever trial against euthanasia doctor starts in Den Haag
- Doctor investigated for discussing God with patients
- UK doctor outlines application of remote consultation
The io9 Guide to Doctor Who have 279 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at June 5, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.