“I am so hung over,” confesses Ashley Frangipane, brushing back a wisp of her signature blue hair. It’s a hot August afternoon in Los Angeles, where the electro-pop provocateur best-known as Halsey lives. She’s just a few days back from a two-month arena outing opening for Imagine Dragons, and had every reason to party. She’s newly single. And her pals from 5 Seconds of Summer were in town the night before. She went to bed at 7:30 a.m., woke up two hours later and has been in meetings all day. “I think I’m still drunk.” Halsey, 20, musters a forkful of salad at Urth Caffe, a celeb fave and bastion of California organica. It’s the last bite she’ll get down during the next hour or so, but not because of the booze. The artist behind chilly electro-ballad “Ghost” (5.2 million YouTube views) and singalong “New Americana” (a generational anthem touching on gay marriage, viral fame and legal weed that is No. 22 on Billboard’s Alternative Songs chart) says she “has a lot to reflect on” — and at a clip that allows no time for snacking. Steve Aoki, Halsey, Raury & More Give Sage Advice to Their College-Age Selves “I’m 20, but I… Read full this story
- Face tattoos go mainstream as body art-mad women ink stars, hearts and flowers on their heads
- How Mary Austin was the woman who none of Freddie Mercury’s male lovers could match and remained loyal to him to the end
- Sex, dogs and Vanilla Ice: how Madonna's X-rated photo book nearly destroyed the Queen of Pop
- Manchester Pride 2018 Sunday review: Rain, what rain? Rita Ora's pop delights keep the party going
- MTV VMAs 2018: Ariana Grande wins best pop video while Camila Cabello scoops top prize
- Singer loses nine stone in a bid to look like her idol Britney Spears
- Ariana Grande's Sweetener: The stories behind the songs
- Kylie Minogue becomes railway announcer
- Is it time for Cool Cymru 2.0?
- Bryony Kimmings on rising from the ashes and having no taboos
Art-Pop Singer Halsey on Being Bipolar, Bisexual and an 'Inconvenient Woman' have 329 words, post on www.billboard.com at August 21, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.