It isn’t hard to see why nothing bad has ever quite touched Kevin Johnson, mayor of Sacramento, Calif., even as he’s authored a long series of lurid sex and corruption scandals, any one of which would have ended the career of a less fortunate man. Johnson is a youngish, attractive Democrat with a reputation as a national leader on education issues, a gift for making powerful friends, and a superficially impressive background—UC Berkeley, a long run as a top NBA star, a successful business career. He’s just the sort of politician a lot of people want to believe, and a lot of people have done so. His mayoralty will even soon be the subject of a laudatory entry in ESPN’s acclaimed 30 For 30 documentary series. Advertisement The scandals didn’t much matter in 2008, when he easily won election in the face of credible accusations that he’d molested teenage girls, defrauded the federal government of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and lorded over an empire of slum holdings. And they haven’t much mattered since, as he’s gone from success to success, his star rising ever higher in the Democratic Party firmament through most of his career. As mayor, he’s incurred… Read full this story
- Houston Texans reportedly release cornerback Kevin Johnson
- Texans save $9M by cutting Kevin Johnson, might need it as competition emerges for Tyrann Mathieu
- Jay Skurski's Bills Mailbag: Should Brandon Beane make sure Anthony Johnson stays in Buffalo?
- Lakers Rumors: NBA GM Thinks LA Will Have Trouble Signing Free Agents, Magic Johnson Notes
- Fiat Chrysler Wriggles Out From Under a Past-due Loan by Outwaiting the Government
- Boris Johnson's manifesto to abandon the threat of a no-deal Brexit in bid to capture the centre ground as he rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage and puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party
- Magic Johnson Felt Backstabbed, Secret Emails Made Him Leave Lakers, Bucher Says
- Jimmie Johnson looks forward to ‘clean start’ after first winless season
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank quits Trump panel
- Kevin Plank, other business leaders meet with Trump
Who's Funding Kevin Johnson's Secret Government? have 348 words, post on deadspin.com at September 18, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.