ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Emilio’s Ski Shop in New York City runs buses every winter to resorts in Vermont and New York’s Catskills. The New York resorts are closer and the trips are a bit cheaper. But Vermont is more popular with the skiers. ”People in New York really want to get that kind of Vermont experience,” explained Emilio’s owner Paul Pearlman. So it goes in New York, which can sometimes be overshadowed by New England resorts. New York officials have been trying to tip the balance in recent years by promoting the state as a first-rate skiing and winter sports destination, part of a broader tourism campaign. The state has dozens of ski centers, with some of the gems tucked into the Adirondack and Catskill mountains. Catskills resorts benefit from proximity to New York City. Hunter and Windham are both about two-and-a-half hours from Manhattan, as is the state-run Belleayre Mountain Ski Center. Belleayre actually illustrates New York’s push to raise its profile with skiers since its 2012 transfer from New York’s environmental agency to the authority that runs its Adirondack Olympic facilities. The switchover put new marketing muscle behind the resort, and the Olympic Regional Development Authority has renovated… Read full this story
- Toast Takes A Bite From New York’s Big Apple To Become The Moët Hennessy Of Cannabis
- What’s the Next Mayor of New York’s One Big Idea?
- William Boyland Jr., Ex-New York Assemblyman, Gets 14-Year Sentence for Corruption
- Number of Virus Patients in I.C.U.s Starts to Fall in New York
- Sultry Nights and Magnolia Trees: New York City Is Now Subtropical
- $20,000 for a Permit? New York May Finally Offer Vendors Some Relief
- Man Is Stabbed and Slashed Steps Away From a Synagogue in New York
- They Say Only Tourists in New York Look Up. Prove Them Wrong.
- ‘Welcome to the Mesh, Brother’: Guerrilla Wi-Fi Comes to New York
- Cuomo, With Biden, Announces Contests to Upgrade Airports in New York City
New York offers big peaks and cozy mountain towns have 329 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.